Australian Digital Holdings Pty Limited (ACN 655 595 449)
Last Updated: 2 May 2022
This Policy describes how we collect use and disclose your personal information provided to us including when you engage with us as a subscribed user, supplier, or a customer of any of our Services including, a digital services subscription, advertising, the ADH Website, the ADH Mobile Application, associated social media platforms, competitions and surveys (Services).
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- personal information you provide to us upon registration with our Services, such as creating an account, becoming a subscriber, becoming an advertiser, posting comments, entering a competition and/or completing a customer survey. Such personal information may include:
- your name;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- your age and/or date of birth;
- your credit card details;
- your demographic information, such as postcode;
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- public information and posts including comments or content that you post to the online Services and the information about you that comes with those posts. This may include your name, username, comments, likes, status, profile information and picture(s). Public information and posts are available to everyone who views the ADH Website and ADH Mobile Application and may be displayed in search results on external search engines, even after you cancel your account with us.
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Services, including through the use of internet cookies, your communications with our Services, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Services, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Services, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Services, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- to provide you with customer support and to respond to your enquiries;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you; and
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
We may also remove certain information or alter the personal information we collect about you so you can no longer be identified from that information. We do this so that we can use it or disclose it to third parties for other purposes.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers of ADH for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, cloud service providers, data storage and data analysis providers, researchers, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
We may store personal information overseas. Where we disclose your personal information to the third parties listed above, these third parties may also store, transfer or access personal information outside of Australia. Unless we seek and receive your consent to an overseas disclosure of your personal information, we will only disclose your personal information to countries with laws which protect your personal information in a way which is substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles and/or we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to require that overseas recipients protect your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Your Rights and Controlling Your Personal Information
Disclosing Information to ADH
Access to Information, Correction and Complaints
You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by following the prompts on our Services. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date. We can also delete such data at your specific request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes.
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us by following the prompts on our Services and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
If you no longer wish to receive direct email communications from us, including ADH media communications and direct marketing, you can unsubscribe from our e-mail database by following the instructions to unsubscribe on our Services. If you have installed the ADH Mobile Application, you can stop push notifications by changing the settings in the app or on your mobile device.
ADH Privacy Commitments
Protection of Information
ADH has put in place a range of reasonable measures to ensure the security of the personal information we hold about you from loss, theft and unauthorised use, modification and disclosure. These include the use of computerised storage and security systems such as firewalls, data encryption, virus detection methods, password restricted access.
There are also various physical and managerial security procedures in place such as restricting access to your information to authorised staff with training in privacy law, utilising security personnel and security identification measures.
ADH cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to or by us over the Internet. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to Other Websites
Amendments to this Policy
For any questions or notices, please contact us at:
Australian Digital Holdings Pty Limited (ACN 655 595 449)
Last update: 29 April 2022